Federal Skilled Workers
If you are interested in applying for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, candidate must complete his/her online Express Entry profile and meet the criteria to enter in the pool of candidates. they are selected as permanent residents based on their ability to become economically established in Canada. If an employer in Canada is interested in hiring a new worker from abroad, the employer have to apply through Express Entry only.
The Express Entry Program is used to manage the following programs:
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- A portion of the Provincial Nominee Program
Eligibility Criteria– To qualify for the Federal Skilled Workers Program, candidates must:
- A authentic offer of arranged employment an international student who is enrolled in an PhD program or graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months
- One year of continuous full time or an equal amount of continuous part-time, qualifying skilled work experience in the last 10 years
- Get Canadian minimum language threshold on an official language test
- Have a Canadian secondary or post-secondary certificate, degree , diploma or an Educational Credential Assessment report indicating their foreign education is equivalent to a Canadian one
- You have to obtain a pass mark 67 out of 100 on the selection grid.
When IRCC assess an application of FSWP, a grid of 100 points is used to assess how well a candidate can adapt to Canada’s labour market. The six selection factors are as follows:
- English or French skills
- Work experience
- Arranged employment
Federal Skilled Trades Category
The Federal Skilled Trades Program is designed to facilitate the entry of overseas skilled trades-persons into the Canadian workforce.This program is only for individuals who are interested in becoming a permanent resident based on qualifications in a skilled trade.
In order to be eligible to apply as a Skilled Trades Worker, Candidates will need to:
- To meet basic language requirements.
- Get an offer of employment in Canada or a certificate of qualification from a province or territory to ensure that the Candidate is job ready upon arrival.
- Candidate must have experience and skills in the National Occupational Classification system, showing that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation.
- Get a minimum of two years of full time (or an equal amount of part-time) work experience as a skilled tradesperson within the five years before you file.
FST Program applications are processed under the Express Entry System. Candidates expressing an interest to immigrate to Canada must complete an online Express Entry profile. Potential Candidates deemed to have met the eligibility criteria are then entered into a pool with other eligible applicants. If chosen by IRCC, the applicant will get an Invitation to Apply and will have to submit their full application within ninety days.