Canada Immigration & Visa Services
D-190, 401, Sector 74, Mohali
Mon - Sat 10am – 5pm
The decision for my application is pending, Is there a way to speed up the procedure?

Question: My Son married a young woman from London in August 2011 on the advice of an immigration lawyer that a spousal visa was the quickest one to get. They were already engaged and planned to marry in 2015 when she finished upgrading her education. They had been travelled a lot each several times in order to have a work visa for her. As the lawyer requested, they gathered the paperwork required from London and copies of other documents as soon as possible and provided them to the lawyer in December. They signed the final papers at the end of January 2015. They stay with us, he works really hard to meet their expenses because she cannot work until she gets her visa. I do not understand why she cannot get a temporary work visa until this process is completed. It may take a long time for a refugee to receive a residency, but at least they can work immediately while they are being processed. I think it should be for someone who wants to emigrate, especially in the case of marriages. Can we expedite this process?

Answer: You hit the nail on its head! This is not just your story, we get so many questions in regard to this topic, there are many frustrated spouses in Canada who have to work hard to support two people while the sponsored spouse cannot work legally. Under the current law, you may apply for a work permit at the same time as the In-Canada application and the Immigration guide says that such a request should be assessed on a case by case basis. Once the sponsorship is accepted, the work permit would also be approved. But very few applications at the same time for both. It is also true that sponsorship sponsorships are given a priority process, although currently, it takes several months of theoretical approval.

If I leave Canada temporarily, can I still apply for citizenship?

Question: I came to Canada from Colombia on a work permit for one year. After working in Canada for one year in a full-time position as a cabinet maker, I decided to go home where I stayed for 8 months. After that period of time, I returned to Canada on another work permit and worked part-time for six months. After six months, I got full time employment for the past 10 months. I do not know whether I qualify or not to apply under the Canadian Experience Class or does my absence for 8 months and also working part-time for a period of time disqualifies me?

Answer: The Canadian Experience Class is likely the most asked about category every week. The law for the CEC class takes into account the work experience in Canada immediately before the application for the last three years.

You worked in Canada for a total of twenty-five months (twelve months plus six months part-time is equivalent to three months full time and another ten months up to now), this states that you may be eligible for the CEC category. The fact that you have been out for an 8-month period does not affect your Canadian experience. The good part about this is that work experience for CEC Category can be part-time and non-continuous but within that three-year duration as long as a person gathers 12 months of full-time experience in Canada in a qualified occupation. So Good Luck with your Application.

Who requires a study permit?

Foreign nationals who want to study at a Canadian educational institution need to have a study permit.

You must have received acceptance by an educational institution or school in Canada. You are accountable for your own expenditures and educational fees. To be efficient to pay for your tuition, living and transportation expenditure you have to show valid proofs, like your financial statements, your parent's financial statements, income, etc.