Canada Immigration & Visa Services
D-190, 401, Sector 74, Mohali
Mon - Sat 10am – 5pm
  • Home
  • Blog
  • Can my Spouse Get an Open Work Permit with my Intra-Company Transfer Visa?

January 20,2020

Can my Spouse Get an Open Work Permit with my Intra-Company Transfer Visa?

Posted by Admin - CPRP

Yes, In most cases the applicant will be entitled to have their spouse accompany them on an open work permit in this visa category. Intra-Company Transfer Canada work permit is designed to facilitate the transfer of employees from an Overseas-based company to its related company in Canada. The purpose of the Intra-Company Transfer visa is to encourage the transmission of knowledge from foreign senior-level or specialized-knowledge employees to Canada. Overseas nationals from any country may qualify for an intra-company transfer Canada work permit.

He/She must meet the requirements to be eligible for an Intra-Company Transfer Canada Work Permit mentioned Below:

  • Applicant must have worked for a foreign company for at least one year on a full-time basis
  • He/She must be held a specialized knowledge position or a senior or managerial position
  • Applicant must have been offered a position with a Canadian branch, affiliate or subsidiary/parent of the Overseas company

In 2014, the Canadian government announced that they will be using a stricter definition of “specialized knowledge” to assess these applications. Govt. announced that they are instituting a mandatory wage floor to ensure that overseas employees being transferred to Canadian companies are being offered a wage that is consistent with the prevailing wage in Canada.

To qualify, applicants now must:

  • Ensure that their occupation is consistent with the new definition of “specialized knowledge.” Specialized knowledge for the purpose of this program requires both a high level of proprietary knowledge and an advanced level of expertise.
  • Applicants need to demonstrate that they have unique knowledge of the Company's services and how they relate to international markets or to the processes and processes of the Company (such as manufacturing, technology, etc.)
  • Demonstrating advanced levels of expertise requires specialized knowledge gained over the past five years that contributes significantly to a company's productivity. This knowledge should be uncommon for both the company and the industry and should be essential for the operation of the business.

Confirm that the salary they are being paid in Canada is in accordance with their specific knowledge. Because an expert's salary is usually above average, the salary offered should be above the prevailing payroll level for that occupation, as determined by the officer.

To find out if you qualify for this type of work permit and to learn how CPRP can help you with your application, fill out our assessment form.

Canada Permanent Residency Program (CPRP )is a Vancouver-Chandigarh based immigration firm that provides professional legal services on Canadian immigration. For more tips and updates on Canadian immigration Process follow Canada Permanent Residency Program on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.